Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer. Please use any other browser of your choice, as we do not support Internet Explorer and you may encounter many issues using our website. Thank You.
Sign in to follow this  
Fear

Hex's Staff Application

Your Location:

United States - West Coast (PST)

Average Amount Of Gameplay:

During the week I am mostly on after I get home from work for approximately 5-6 hours each day. On the weekends, unless I have stuff to attend to, I am mostly on all day for 10+ hours.

Which role would you like: Why Should I Receive This Position:

I am applying for the Player Support Position, as I believe everyone starts from a learning aspect when becoming a staff member. I believe I am most qualified for this position despite my short tenure thus far being on the server due to my time spent getting to know staff and players and helping where I can. I have joined with a huge want to make Luna a great place for everyone I meet. Since joining I have done my best to help ease the workload of both staff and players and had a hand in bringing new ideas to the table. Whether that is from working on the forums - creating new guides, helping renovate current guides, giving ideas on new possible In-game Events, or fixes with end-game content. I have always felt a bigger sense of pride in helping everyone, whenever I can.

Staff Experience:

In current years, I have not been a staff member anywhere; However, in the past I have been various staff roles throughout my years of experience on RSPS'. I was a Co-Owner for a server back in 2013-2014, an Administrator for quite a number of servers, as well as a Moderator/Support for others.

Rs/Rsps Experience:

Runescape has always been a part of my life growing up. I was introduced to the game by my older brother, and we would play it non-stop when we got home from school (of course after our homework was finished 😉). It wasn't until 2011 that I started to dive deep into the RSPS scene, but I have had immense experience since then.

Goals:

My goals are to continue what I have been doing since I joined Luna, and just help everyone with anything where I can find myself useful. I want to learn a lot leaning server-sided (ex. Coding) as well as Advertising/Marketing and getting Luna's name out there!

Weaknesses:

I believe my biggest weakness is taking on too much at once. I find myself having the most pride and dedication when learning and helping others, however with that always comes the tail end. I don't believe it is a bad quality to have, but I sometimes will take on too much workload and if I am not doing enough in my eyes, I feel bummed about it. What is resorted from that, and where I find myself having a bad quality, is that I can be a bit troll-ish to counteract the stress/depression I get from feeling like I am not doing enough/everyday stressors.

Someone in the Help chat is really annoying, he keeps on asking the same questions and when people tell him to stop he gets aggressive and toxic, how do you handle this situation?:

I would remind him of the several commands we have to help guide him in the direction he is looking for, immediately following that however, I would remind him that it's been brought to my attention that when he becomes toxic towards players, they have a problem with it and that there are rules set in place that everyone must follow to make Luna enjoyable for everyone. If he continues after the warnings, depending on how severe the toxicity was, I would either handle it myself accordingly, or bring it to a higher staff member and have a discussion on what should be done.

You see a staff member abusing his powers, what do you do and why?:

I would first provide evidence of the abuse and present it to Luna himself, depending on rank/nature of abuse, it is within the Owners power to deal with staff members abusing their powers and not up to another staff member.

A player is asking you for free stuff, what is your response?:

Gaining free items is always great, especially when starting out. If it is something simple and well within my normal player ability to give them the item, I don't see a problem with helping someone out. However if it is a big/expensive item, or they are consistently begging for an item/item(s), I would let them know that I am sorry, but I am unable to give them the item/item(s) they are asking for. Instead I would help and guide them on how they can achieve the items themselves. Of course if I am in a position where spawning in items is possible, I would never under any circumstances, unless directed to by Luna himself, to give items/spawn items for a player.

If a player harasses another player, what punishment should they receive?

Like all punishments, it is based on how severe the harassment is to another player/player(s). The easiest solution is to simply come to an understanding between each of the players involved and ensure everyone is mutually respective of each other; in this case, no punishment would be required. However if that is not the nature of the harassment, or is not able to come to an understanding, a mute and/or jail sentence would be the next appropriate punishment.

Will you follow the rules when you punish a player?

I am a firm believer in that if you are granted the power to make decisions, you have the responsibility to follow the same consequences of those decisions. With that being said, I would follow the rules of Luna regardless of any situation that arises.

Hastag, bump @50K to mod and support this guy?! I'm down. Very helpful and positive player in the community, VOUCH ❤️

• Like 1