Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer. Please use any other browser of your choice, as we do not support Internet Explorer and you may encounter many issues using our website. Thank You.
Sign in to follow this  
Bobharlie

Ironman Guide - BobHarlie

Good evening, whilst my time on the server has been fairly short, I feel like I could share some useful information to help you guys who want to make an Ironman. So I'll get straight into it. 

I won't be covering UIM specifically. Only the concept of being Ironman. 

Fork in the road -  

Option 1- 

The first option is to do what most players would usually do. And that's raising your combat level, either through slayer or just monsters. 

Option 2-

The second option would be skilling for supplies like Fish and Potions ect. So that they have adiquate supplies to PVM. 

Option 3- *My Way*

The third option is a combination of both which is what I did. I'll explain what I mean. I skill for the first 3 hours or so. In order to propel myself through PVM. 

Pre-Brief

Before I get into my method of iron-man'ing, I'll share some basic fundamentals. spacer.png

So this is the market area south of home. 

The YELLOW bracket signals the Fisherman and you General Store Clerk, The fisherman is important as he sells Decent food and Decent potions. As well as all your fishing gear needed for skilling. 

The BLUE bracket signals the combat merchants, they're very easy to tell apart, as to which one sells what type of equipment. 

The GREEN bracket signals the 'tool' merchants apart from one jewelry merchant which sells some decent beginner enchanted necklaces. 

The Red bracket signals for the Donar and Vote stores. VOTING IS IMPORTANT for an Ironman ESPECIALLY. As it gives you access to free XP scrolls from the vote store. Also donating helps the server out alot so be sure to donate if your enjoying your time here. 

spacer.png

You all know what this is, if you don't it's basically a heal for HP, prayer and run energy combined. And as of I'm aware it has no cool down. An EXTREMELY useful tool early on and later on. Use it! 

spacer.png

North of the shops you have the slayer masters. There are many masters to choose from and while going in order seems logical. It's not efficient. Many people have had the same problem of not getting points for a slayer helmet and other things before they hit a level that almost negates the use of it. HOWEVER. I have a simple formula and it involves using just 'Krystilia' and 'Turael' 

The method is simple. Do 9 tasks with turael and the 10th as a wikdy slayer task. As the 10th task grants extra points. But the trick comes with turael. After completing your first task and going back for a second one. DELIBERATELY get a task off Krystilia and then go to turael and tell him your task is too hard and get another. Now that you have this option. You can use it to your advantage. You can keep. Doing this whilst on an easy task. So you can re roll your easy slayer task until you get a low number between 10 and 20. Of the easiest monster. Therefore being able to power through the 9 easy tasks to get a 10th task in the wikdy for more points... Some people will say that doing just wildy is better.  But some tasks range from 80-160 Creatures. In which case you will probably max slayer before obtaining a slayer helmet. 

spacer.png

This is the hub of Lunaors, the teleportation portal. Doesn't need much more explanation than that. Some people have struggled to find the tele porter. Here it is 🤣

spacer.png

And finally this is the altar in which you can switch spell books. This is at home also near the portal.

Now That I've covered some of the basics it's time to get into my strategy. I will give a brief overview and then explain it. 

My way or the highway! - 

Right. If you made it this far this is where it gets down to the strategy. My general strategy comes from thinking ahead a little. There are many routes but I belive Thieving to be your best bet at the start. I go for 99 personally but you can stop once you have adiquate funding if you do get to 99 you will have enough money to buy tremendous amounts of supplies and runes. Both for combat or preparing your journey through your skills. 

Secondly I'd go for Firemaking. Specifically wintertodt as not only do you level up multiple skills at once. But the drops can be great for farming supplies and of course that juicy tome of fire. 

Just a quick note I would do these both at a low level. Thieving is tedious with low hp but cakes are an op food for 10hp characters. And also wintertodt is easily the most AFK at level 3. 

One I have achieved those two pre-requisites I would then move on to Fishing and Cooking (however isn't necessary) again this is just to not only boost your total level but to ensure you won't need to interrupt grinds by needing to farm supplies. 

Then I would finally head over to the slayer masters and begin slayer. Doing things in this order not only can beef up your game at the beginning but also sets your mindset up for a preparation style approach when independently completing tasks.

With the brief overview done I want to touch on a couple more things before I dive into the methods. 

XP Scrolls - 

This item is your absolute bread and butter. Doubling your exp gains for 60 minutes of play time. Cannot be stacked and will be lost upon logout. So make sure your prepared to start skilling as soon as you consume your scroll. I cannot stress the importance of this item. Can be obtained through either voting or donating. 

Clan chat - 

This massively overlooked tool can always be useful. Everyone on the server is in the same boat. Some further into their journey than others. But will ultimately offer advice if needed. This server is mostly like OSRS. However some features can be quirky and maybe some guidance of a player is what your lacking. 

Dwarf Cannon-

This invaluable tool can be purchased from the dwarf above the mines North of. Falidor. He also sells cannonballs. Very very useful tool!

Voting- 

If your not voting your an Xp waste as not only can you aquire the scrolls through voting but regular giveaways take place for most votes in a month. Either way it helps you and the server. No brainer. Now into the methods. 

Thieving! 

Thieving is the best skill to start with as the cash it generates expands many avenues moving forward early on in the game. While your are an Ironman your still able to use shops. So selected supplies and runes are readily available. 

The best place to start for me would be the bakers stall behind the shops at home. I would get an inventory of full cakes, eating the other foods as you get them. So that you have an adiquate amount for pickpocketing with enough spare for wintertodt. As these tasks are better suited to a level 3. 

After you have reached level 40 grab a few cakes so you don't get stunned to death and head over to ardougne via the portal. In the town square there will be a particular house in the North that you would be wise to spend your time in. In this house you can trap an Ardy Knight and a Market Guard. Thieve the guard till 55 thieving and then make a start on the ardy knights. The trick with the ardy knights is that if you pickpocket them on specific tiles you can effectively freeze them onto one spot meaning you don't have to chase it round when thieving you can comfortably sit in one spot and eat when you need to without much hassle.

In green I have highlighted the spots in which you can freeze the ardy knights. It's as simple as pickpocketing them in the spots. Rinse and repeat. You can also trap. hero in a similar fashion after 80 thieving as it grants 17k exp with a scroll active. Compared to 5k exp on an ardy knight. Ardy knights also drop rogues outfit.
This is it till 99 and once you get there. You should have a few million to spend to.

Firemaking!

Now whilst this isn't a needed skill.. It's quick, it's easy and it comes with some other gains to. Like Fletching and construction both passively leveled as you play wintertodt. In order to access wintertodt you need 50 firemaking. This can be accomplished by cutting and burning logs. No tutorial needed. Once your 50 firemaking you will need to prepare your inventory and mainly your armour. In wintertodt you can be damaged randomly by an AoE attack of just a normal single target attack. Aswell as the brazier exploding time to time.

In order to negate this damage. You have to wear warm clothing. The easiest gear to obtain would be the Desert Set, from shanty pass Al Kharid. Just like in osrs. Also buy a fire staff from the magic shop. This gear alone should be enough. If you donated for a fire Cape then that counts to. AGAIN ITS BEST TO DO WINTERTODT ON A LVL 3 as the damage dealt is on a percentage basis. Thus cakes are very good at keeping you alive. When completing wintertodt take with you. A rune axe or better, a tinderbox, a hammer and a knife. As your strategy will be to basically keep 2 or more braziers lit to drain the WT health pool to below 20 percent for easy manageability. And then just cutting Fletching and burning roots. But try to keep from ending the game. Two games at 8k points is enough for 99 if you use an Xp scroll. You don't want to do more than 8k as if you have no inventory spots for your supply crates they will vanish forever. And GL on that tome of fire!

Time for step 3..

Slayer.. And beyond!

By far the most efficient way to train combat is with slayer. Not only is it extra gains on top of your combat exp training. But it also paves the gateway to endgame pvming which is essential for maximum gains. Everyone knows how to slay so as I touched on before the technique to use is to do 9 easy tasks of turael, followed by. Wildy slayer task on the 10th. This will get you a slayer helmet by 30 tasks. (3 actual tasks) and by 50 you should be able to unlock most of the major slayer rewards due to the point bonus increase at 50.

Thats it for now. As I have lost patience writing a guide on a mobile.
If any questions please don't hesitate to ask me in game or players on the clan chat.

Possibly part two coming soon!

Bobharlie.