Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer. Please use any other browser of your choice, as we do not support Internet Explorer and you may encounter many issues using our website. Thank You.
Mysti

Mysti's Application

Your Name: Sam

Your Location: U.K

Average Amount Of Gameplay: 6-14hrs a day 

Which role would you like: Support Staff

Why Should I Receive This Position: I consider myself friendly & helpful, and I'd love to do my part in helping this awesome server grow, and community flourish! 

Staff Experience: I was a manager of an I.T support team for ~3yrs before getting a promotion to a new role. I've also been an officer in a few guilds on MMORPGs (Archeage, Lost Ark) 

Rs/Rsps Experience: I started playing Runescape in 2006, played on a few private servers probably around 2013ish, and have been playing osrs on/off since servers first launched

Goals: I want to improve as an individual, developing my personal skills as much as I can

Weaknesses: My biggest weakness right now is my sleep, I average 3-4hrs sleep each night. In the last few weeks it's something I've been working on, I've lowered how much coffee I brew each day, and I've gone >4 weeks now of not smoking which has helped a lot.

Someone in the Help chat is really annoying, he keeps on asking the same questions and when people tell him to stop he gets aggresive and toxic, how do you handle this situation?: First of all, if someone is repeatedly asking the same question, I'd try and answer it differently to help them understand better. However, if they become aggressive and toxic towards other players, then I'd give them a few warnings and move the conversation to pm to deescalate in help chat. If they continue being aggressive and toxic, I will hand out punishment deemed appropriate for the situation.

You see a staff member abusing his powers, what do you do and why?: I'd initially reach out to them to gain a better understanding of what/why, and where appropriate escalate to someone more senior.

A player is asking you for free stuff, what is your response?: I don't mind helping people out, I give away a lot of free items, but usually to people who aren't asking for it to be free. I don't want to completely ruin someone's experience by removing the grind out of their gameplay, so I prefer to give tips on the best ways of making GP or getting those items. 

If a player harasses another player, what punishment should they receive? It really depends, one punishment does not fit all crimes. I'd initially give warnings first, and attempt to deescalate the issue, following that if they continue, then action accordingly.

Will you follow the rules when you punish a player? Absolutely! Lead by example! 

I support! I think you definitely fit the characteristics needed of someone holding that power&responsibility. You are kind helpful and informative, and ACTIVE. +1 (;

An excellent application to match an equally excellent person. You would be a great addition to the staff team +1 😀

Edited by NufcJake