Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer. Please use any other browser of your choice, as we do not support Internet Explorer and you may encounter many issues using our website. Thank You.
Sign in to follow this  
NufcJake

Fe Jake's Application

Your Name: Jake

Your Location: UK

Average Amount Of Gameplay: 6 Hours average daily (Sometimes more depending on work)

Which role would you like: Support

Why Should I Receive This Position:

I believe in order to fulfil this role you need to be seen by the community as friendly, approachable and helpful. Whilst also being understandable with everyone's situation. I believe I possess all these qualities and will contribute to the running and growth of this great server.

Staff Experience:

I have developed and hosted own server around 7 years ago whilst I was studying at university in order to develop my Java skills (One of my courses).

I have held staff roles up to Administrator on a server I used to play around 4 years ago. (I have not named the server as it is still going to this day, however happy to disclose this information if required). I retired my position as the server ownership changed hands and I had a lot going on IRL at the time with university etc.

In an none Runescape setting, IRL I also a team lead for IT Engineers operating in a major hospital therefore this has developed my leadership and people skills.

Rs/Rsps Experience:

I began playing Runescape at the age of 13 (2009), Shortly after this I was informed by a friend of the idea of RSPS's. I then began playing one of the earliest RSPS's, Frugooscape, this immediately peaked my interest and I have been playing Runescape and RSPS ever since.   

I have developed and hosted own server around 7 years ago whilst I was studying at university in order to develop my Java skills (One of my courses) as previously mentioned.

Goals:

I think this is an excellent opportunity to develop myself in terms of personal skills and also helps other along the way.

It's also a great opportunity to also make friendships a long the way which I have already done whilst playing Luna.

Weaknesses:

I sometimes can't say no to helping someone else out even if hinders myself.

Someone in the Help chat is really annoying, he keeps on asking the same questions and when people tell him to stop he gets aggressive and toxic, how do you handle this situation?:

I would begin by attempting to answer the players question to the best of my ability and in the simplest terms possible so that they understand exactly what they need to do in order to resolve their issue. 

If the player was still not understanding and was being aggressive I would ask that player to private message me rather than being toxic in the clan chat. This would be more personal for the player and in a lot of situations resolves the issue.

If they the continued to be aggressive and toxic towards myself or others I would warn the player in question this is not acceptable and they could end up being punished if they continue. 

Failing this I would then resort to applying the most appropriate punishment depending on the players actions.

You see a staff member abusing his powers, what do you do and why?:

In my opinion the best course of action would be to have a quiet word with the staff member in question, and speak to them on a personal level of why they abused their powers and then assess the reasons for it. I would then inform a senior member of staff with the abuse and the reasons for it and then allow them to deal with the situation in the best way they see fit.

A player is asking you for free stuff, what is your response?:

I am all for helping others if that's advice or assisting them at a boss or minigame. However, I am not a fan of someone repeatedly begging, I would instead inform them of the best way which they can make GP in order to afford the items which they are asking for.

If a player harasses another player, what punishment should they receive?

This all depends on the situation, to begin with I believe the harasser should be approached personally via PM and you should attempt to diffuse the situation by hearing both sides of the story and why this situation occurred to begin with. If the harassment continues after attempting to defuse the situation then the harasser should be warned if they continue they will be punished. If they still continue then the appropriate punishment will be handed out.

Will you follow the rules when you punish a player?

Of course being a staff member does mean you do not have to follow the rules yourself and you must set an example.

Amazing application, I 100% support this! Jake always goes out of his way to help others, he's friendly, approachable and would make a great addition to the team! +1 😄 

• Like 1