Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer. Please use any other browser of your choice, as we do not support Internet Explorer and you may encounter many issues using our website. Thank You.
Samuel

Midz's Support Application

Your Name: Sam (Midz)

Your Location: United Kingdom

Average Amount Of Gameplay: 6-12 Hours Daily depending on work schedule.

Which role would you like: Support

Why Should I Receive This Position: I believe that I would fit the role rather well given the way that I play and how often I do so, I consider myself to be knowledgable on the game (of course there will be information im unaware of) and I am keen to pass that on to benefit other players.

Staff Experience: I have held a Support Position in a previous server that I had played for 2+ years but unfortunatwly took a hiatus due to unforseen circumstances which still to this day prevent me from returning.

Outside of the runescape atmosphere I have been an administator for a GMOD TTT (Garry's Mod: Trouble in Terrorist Town) Server until it was DDOS'd countless times in which my friend decided to keep it down from then on as he had other focus points in his life.

I have also hosted my own dedicated minecraft server from the age of 14 after hosting a local-ip based server at school, my focus was on the aspect of entertainment and individualism, allowing players to do whatever they saw fit within guidelines, at that moment in time I had a small team of players that would assist me with discrepencies whilst I was at school/college in which they had my full trust to handle punishments in a fair and professional manner.

Rs/Rsps Experience: I have played OSRS since the age of 8 and started playing RSPS's at 15, starting with the server that I had quickly became a member of staff but left when a close friend on the server had passed away.

Goals: To be able to further build myself as an individual in general, in every role that I have taken in life I have always managed to take something from it which has improved the lifestyle of myself and others.

I have always tried my best to be as supportive to players as I possibly could without hesitation without spoiling the fun at the same time (i.e giving new or old players advice whenever prompted/needed, or handing out and item to help them along the way such as a whip, ammunition, potions etc)

Weaknesses: RNG

Someone in the Help chat is really annoying, he keeps on asking the same questions and when people tell him to stop he gets aggresive and toxic, how do you handle this situation?: I would PM the player and give them parameters they should follow and elaborate that they could be penalised if the situation progressed further negatively, all the while advising them on the original issue to hopefuly calm and defuse the situation, wether this is written information or showing them directly how to do what they need, if there was no improvement then a punishment fit for the situation would be permitted.

You see a staff member abusing his powers, what do you do and why?: Depending on the circumstance of the abuse, I would either PM them and mention their wrongdoings and that I could/would have to take it higher up the chain to reach a solution, If I felt that this could worsen the situation I would directly speak to a Moderator or higher to reach a resolution.

A player is asking you for free stuff, what is your response?: If a player was directly asking for free items I am much less likely to just hand anything over, I tend to look for players that could really use an item to help them along the way and be appreciative rather than being disruptive and obnoxious.

If a player harasses another player, what punishment should they receive? Depending on the situation, verbal harrasment would typically follow a mute, if it was proven to be a completely toxic situation in which they could still have a negative effect without words then I would suggest jail time to alleviate the situation and allow the suspect to reflect on their actions.

Will you follow the rules when you punish a player? Of course 

Edited by Samuel