Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer. Please use any other browser of your choice, as we do not support Internet Explorer and you may encounter many issues using our website. Thank You.
Sign in to follow this  
Frozen Loner

GUIDE: Money Making

GUIDE: Money Making
by Frozen Loner

#1 - Dragon Bones
Dragon bones sell for 50-70k each. Green dragons are pretty weak and are super easy to farm. Dragons drop noted bones if you donate at least $10 for the Bronze Donor rank. With teleports to and from these green dragons you can easily bank and drink from the pool before teleporting back for more bones. All you need is some dragon hide armor, a rune cbow, anti-dragon shield, and anti fire potions to get started.

Top Locations:
- Instant access by using the blue Luna portal at home to teleport to either Eastern or Western dragons, but I suggest West because it's only level 15 wilderness so you can easily escape a PK'er.
- The myth guild is also a great place for green dragons, you can get there if you don't like the wilderness by using the Fairy Tree at home.

#2 - Revenant Caves
This is a massive money making location, and it's not hard to get started. This is a very dangerous location due to being a PK hotspot, but as long as you bring a glory amulet and know your escape routes it's not too bad. Just be prepared to die and don't bring too much stuff with you. Having 89 agility will be the fastest escape possible from most pk'ers if you get tele-blocked, otherwise you'll have to run north to the cave entrance and try to escape that way.
The best part about killing Revs is that all revs share the same drop table, and you can kill them at really low combat levels. The higher level revs drop loot at increased rates so it in my opinion isn't worth going here immediately, but you do have a small chance at really good loot from even the Revenant implings.

#3 - Thieving
This is probably the easiest way to get quick money for a new player. Thieving gives cash and items, which can then be sold either to the Sigmund NPC, or put on the Trading Post for other players to buy.

Top Methods:
Elves

Tzhaar

Rogues Den Bank Vault
The bank vault is a pretty fast way to collect gems. These sell at a pretty decent rate on the trading post at home, so it's not a bad strategy.

Blood Shards in Darkmeyer
These are pretty rare, but sell for 80-100m each. Very great money for relatively low effort, if you have the thieving level. You will need to do a quest to get here, but it takes about 5 minutes to finish.

#4 - Slayer
Slayer is an insane money maker -- if you get lucky! I personally don't like doing slayer for money because it takes a ton of time and effort. High level slayer also takes high level stats, so this isn't a good pick for new players.
I'm not going to go into detail with the slayer method, because it's one of the most popular guides online.

#5 - Herblore
Not many players can make the high level potions, but everyone wants them. Saradomin brews and super combats sell like hotcakes!

Sara Brew: 81 Herblore
Toadflax
Crushed Birds Nest
Vial of Water

Super Combat: 90 Herblore
Torstol
Super Atk/Str/Def Potions

Anti-venom +: 94 Herblore
Torstol
Anti-venom

Divine Super Combat: 97 Herblore
Crystal Dust
Super Combat Potion

#6 - Mining & Smithing
Ores, and more so Bars, sell quite easily depending on which they are. If you're selling ores I would go with coal, otherwise you'll want to sell mithril bars and up. The best location for mining is definitely the motherload mine.

#7 - Barrows
This is a relatively easy minigame. You don't need to be super strong or have really good gear. It will definitely help, but isn't necessary. Barrows gear sells for 6-8m a piece, so it's not the best method, but it's a pretty decent one depending what loot you pull.

#8 - Fletching
I don't really suggest doing fletching specifically for money making, but if you're trying to reach level 99 or just making yourself a stockpile of bolts and arrows, this skill can net you a large stack of gold if you sell your fletched items on the trading post.

#9 - Tournaments
This is one method that can get you great gear super early like the fighter torso, mage book, barrows gear, dragon knives, and more. Tournaments are free, instanced minigames that give you temporary gear and skill levels in order to fight other players for a blood money prize. Blood money can be exchanged for gear at NPC shops, or sold directly to other players on the trading post. Blood money typically goes for anywhere from 100-200gp per 1 blood money.

Blood Money Shops:
The Nieve NPC at home offers various items and gear in exchange for your blood money, most notably the fighter torso.

The Blood Merchant NPC appears as an event in the Wilderness. This NPC's shop changes every time it reappears, and usually has a mage book, barrows gear, dragon knives, and other high tier items. However, trading this NPC is risky because doing so will give you a high-risk skull and you will lose everything on your person should you die.

Edited by Frozen Loner