Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer. Please use any other browser of your choice, as we do not support Internet Explorer and you may encounter many issues using our website. Thank You.
Sign in to follow this  
Capi

Herblore Guide

Herblore_icon.png?ffa9e Herblore Guide Herblore_icon.png?ffa9e

Getting Herbs
The easiest way to get herbs for you training is probably farming if you ignore straight up buying it from other players which is also possible.
Another way is doing the Chambers of Xeric raid which can yield up to 3k herbs in one trip and other rewards.
You can also get some herbs through killing monsters but it is probably not a very fast method.

Getting Started
In order to get into efficient training you will need to clean herbs and make any possible potion out of Guam, Marrentil, Tarromin and Harralander herbs.
I recommend the following:

Herblore Level Potion Experience Potion Base Primary Ingredient Secondary Ingredient Notes
3 Attack potion.png Attack potion 25 Vial of water.png Vial of water Guam leaf.png Guam leaf Eye of newt.png Eye of newt Temporarily raises Attack level by 10% + 3.
5 Antipoison.png Antipoison 37.5 Vial of water.png Vial of water Marrentill.png Marrentill Unicorn horn dust.png Unicorn horn dust Cures poison and provides immunity for 90 seconds.
12 Strength potion.png Strength potion 50 Vial of water.png Vial of water Tarromin.png Tarromin Limpwurt root.png Limpwurt root Temporarily raises Strength level by 10% + 3.
22 Restore potion.png Restore potion 62.5 Vial of water.png Vial of water Harralander.png Harralander Red spiders' eggs.png Red spiders' eggs Restores combat-related stats back to normal by 30% of level plus 10.
Does not restore Hitpoints or Prayer points.

Moving forward
Other herbs should be used once you hit 38 Herblore as follows:

Herblore Level Potion Experience Potion Base Primary Ingredient Secondary Ingredient Notes
38 Prayer potion.png Prayer potion 87.5 Vial of water.png Vial of water Ranarr weed.png Ranarr weed Snape grass.png Snape grass Restores 25% of your total Prayer points plus 7.
Effect increased by Holy wrench.
45 Super attack.png Super attack 100 Vial of water.png Vial of water Irit leaf.png Irit leaf Eye of newt.png Eye of newt Temporarily increases Attack level by 15% plus 5.
52 Super energy.png Super energy 117.5 Vial of water.png Vial of water Avantoe.png Avantoe Mort myre fungus.png Mort myre fungus Restores 20% run energy.
55 Super strength.png Super strength 125 Vial of water.png Vial of water Kwuarm.png Kwuarm Limpwurt root.png Limpwurt root Temporarily raises Strength level by 15% + 5.
63 Super restore.png Super restore 142.5 Vial of water.png Vial of water Snapdragon.png Snapdragon Red spiders' eggs.png Red spiders' eggs Restores all stats (except hitpoints) by 25% + 8.
66 Super defence.png Super defence 150 Vial of water.png Vial of water Cadantine.png Cadantine White berries.png White berries Temporarily increases Defence level by 15% + 5.
72 Ranging potion.png Ranging potion 162.5 Vial of water.png Vial of water Dwarf weed.png Dwarf weed Wine of zamorak.png Wine of zamorak Temporarily increases Ranged level by 10% + 4.
76 Magic potion.png Magic potion 172.5 Vial of water.png Vial of water Lantadyme.png Lantadyme Potato cactus.png Potato cactus Temporarily raises Magic level by 4.
77 Stamina potion.png Stamina potion 102
(4 × 25.5)
Super energy.png Super energy Amylase crystal.png Amylase crystal N/A Stamina potions restore 20% run energy and reduce the rate of energy depletion by 70% for 2 minutes.
Amylase crystals can be purchased using Marks of grace from Grace's Graceful Clothing.
One amylase crystal is required per dose.
81 Saradomin brew.png Saradomin brew 180 Vial of water.png Vial of water Toadflax.png Toadflax Crushed nest.png Crushed nest Boosts Defence and Hitpoints but lowers AttackStrengthMagic, and Ranged.
90 Super combat potion.png Super combat potion 150 Super attack.png
Super strength.png
Super defence.png
Super attack
Super strength
Super defence
Torstol.png Torstol N/A Combines the properties of super attacksuper strength, and super defence potions.

You can buy secondary ingredients and vial of water packs from the Druid directly south of the bank at home.
LJmB3cI.png

You can always make other potions out of the herbs if you happen to need them (Antifire potions, Anti-Venoms, ..) but I found that the usage of herbs I listed is the most useful to me.

Herblore Bank Tab
Your herb tab should be as clean as possible in order to make it easier for you to make potions and find the right herbs/ingredients.
Mine looks like this: 
ePHinZ3.png

Sorted by the seed, the herb (grimy and clean), the unfinished potion and the 1-4 dose version of the potion you make out of it. I have sorted out Guam, Marrentil, Tarromin and Harralander herbs into another bank tab because I have no use for them. All secondary ingredients are below the big herb/potion block. 
When I make unfinished potions I move the vials of water from the bottom to next to the herb like you can see in the picture (making unfinished Avantoe potions there)
You can also use the runelite plugin 'Item Identification' to have name tags on herbs and seeds.
pAVuMv2.png

Let me know below if you miss anything. Thank you!

Edited by Capi
  • Thanks 1