Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer. Please use any other browser of your choice, as we do not support Internet Explorer and you may encounter many issues using our website. Thank You.
Sign in to follow this  
Lullaby

Raids 1 | CoX | Olm Guide

Hello, this is my attempt at making people run Chambers of Xeric.

To everyone that wants to learn Cox or run it in the future, here is my guide at Olm. I will not (yet) cover the other rooms in Cox, because they are quite easy. If demand is there I can make a full Cox guide in the future.

To start you have to understand how Olm is attacked and killed.

There's the Left hand (mage hand) The head (Range it) & the right hand (melee hand).

Olm has 3 phases if you are in groups of 7 or less and 4 if you are in groups of 8 and more. (I will have to check with Luna if this applies on LunaPS, if not stick with 3 phases.

Each phase you will have to kill the Left hand (mage hand) and the right hand (melee hand) .

You kill these by using the right Combat Skill against them. 

At the 3rd (Last phase) you want to kill the Left hand(mage hand) & the right hand (melee hand) almost simultaneously, because if you don't they will respawn with full health.

After killing both Left hand(mage hand) & the right hand (melee hand) on the 3rd (Last Phase) you will be able to deal damage to The head (Range it).

After killing the head Olm is dead and you will be able to get your loot from the chest near the exit, don't forget to grab your items in the stash unit.

Phases

During each phase, Olm will be able to do auto attacks (ranged and magic) and also special abilities.

These are the following possible phases: Acid, Flame & Crystal.

You're going to want to pray either ranged or magic, and changing prayer to the right one as Olm is using auto attacks, this is not like Jad, but quite random.

Olm special abilities

Crystal Burst: Olm throws a crystal seedling under every player in the chamber. A few seconds later, the crystals burst and shove the player to a nearby tile if they are on top of them for moderate damage. The left hand will briefly show a crystal icon when using this attack.

Lightning: Shoots out lightning running north and/or south of the chamber. Getting hit by a bolt of lightning electrocutes the player, disabling their overhead prayers, dealing moderate damage, and binding them. The left hand will briefly show a lightning bolt when using this attack.

Swap: Olm teleports the player(s) for damage. With one person inside the chamber, Olm will instead choose a random tile in the chamber. With two or more, Olm picks those two (or a random two if more) to teleport. To avoid damage, stand on top of the targeted tile/player. The further you are from the target, the more damage is taken. The left hand briefly shows a swirl when using this attack.

The following attacks are Phase-unique.

Acid:

Acid Spray: Olm spits out several pools of acid around the chamber. Standing on top of an acid pool deals 3-6 damage per tick and inflicts a weak poison effect on the player.

Acid Drip: Olm covers a player in acid, causing them to generate acid pools under them. Standing still will deal damage and moving will generate more pools, though it is not much of a deal in small groups. The pools are identically the same as the spray attack.

Flame:

Deep Burn: Olm shoots out a green fireball at a player, causing them to yell "Burn with me!". The targeted player takes 5 damage every few ticks, dropping stats by 2 each time this occurs, for five hits. If it spreads to other players, it will reset the timer and newly infected players will initially yell "I will burn with you.".

Fire Wall: Olm shoots out two walls of fire at a player to trap them. If the player is on a tile that would be occupied by the fire wall, they will leap out and take light damage from it. After the walls are placed, the player(s) trapped inside will take heavy damage if they are not freed. To free the trapped player(s), cast a water spell or Humidify on a segment of the wall to douse the flame. This can be done outside or inside the wall.

Crystal:

Falling Crystals: Olm lets out a cry, targeting one player with a red aura. Spiked crystals fall from above, dealing damage to anyone in the targeted tile.

Crystal Bombs: Olm shoots out a crystal bomb (up to three at most; two for smaller groups). The bomb explodes after being deployed for several seconds, covering a radius of four tiles. The minimum amount of damage dealt is 15. The closer you are to the bomb, the more damage is incurred, up to 60 at the center.

You should now have a base understanding what attacks and abilities Olm can do, you are not expected to be able to do this first try. You'll learn along the way and that is good & fine!

There are various Mechanics to kill Olm

I'll have an attempt at trying to explain the 3+ people method.

Earlier in the guide I have colored the Left hand (mage hand) The head (Range it) & the right hand (melee hand)

With the picture below I want to try and explain where every individual in a 3 man raid should stay and stand.

529767892_areasatolm.png.d7832c22916edd98ceb4918052afd070.png

This image was taken as if Olm is at the blue/yellow/red squares.

When you are assigned mage you are killing the Left hand (mage hand) somewhere within the blue marked tiles while using magic.

When you are assigned melee you are killing the right hand (melee hand) from the top, most left red marked tile, as this is the only tile in the area to melee it from.

When you are assigned head runner you are moving from the left to the right yellow marked tiles doing this requires a bit more understanding of Olm as you're the one dividing Olms attack to each player.

Killing the Left hand (mage hand) & the right hand (melee hand) are quite simple, since you only have to stay within your colored tiles until your hand is dead. After killing your hand turn over to the other and help there.

The Left hand (mage hand) will most likely be killed first, since the person altering Olms head direction will be Maging it while turning the head.

The ''tricky'' part about this method.  The runner that moves from the left to the right yellow marked tiles will have to turn the head, because the mager that is killing the Left hand (mage hand) & the meleer that is killing the right hand (melee hand) will be standing in their colored area's.(this is only possible if they stick in their area) If the Olm head looks to the Left hand (mage hand) he will not be able to damage the meleer on the right hand (melee hand) and vice versa. What the runner is trying to do is to do 2 spells on Left hand (mage hand) from the left yellow marked tiles, run back to the right yellow marked tiles to cast 2 spells on the Left hand (mage hand).(repeat this until Left hand (mage hand) dies) This way Olm will turn his head from left to middle to right & from right to middle to left all the time. Making sure everyone takes 50% of the damage they would without using this method.

* to all that know olm, yes, I've marked the left yellow tiles 1 more tile west, since currently in LunaPS that's where Olm turns his head left*

You can continue the method above when both hands are dead in the 3rd (Last Phase) but keep in mind you are ranging from your colored tiles, like this the runner can also divide the damage taken.

Your inventory for Olm will consist +/- 4 restores, 1 Overload, 1 Prayer enhance, your runes(runepouch) a melee spec weapon, your melee, magic & ranging gear & filled up with Sara brews.

I do not know if I've covered everything about this 3+ man mechanic that I know of, but I guess we'll find out coming days & weeks. 😉

*Of course there's melee & magic skipping, but that is something for in the future, as it's quite hard to understand.

Thank you for reading my first guide, let me know what u think.

If I've forgot to cover something feel free to tell me below!

~ Lullaby

Edited by Lullaby
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Amazing as always Lulla ❤️ In depth enough, but not so much reading I wanna shoot myself 🙃🤷🏽‍♂️