Microsoft has ended support for Internet Explorer. Please use any other browser of your choice, as we do not support Internet Explorer and you may encounter many issues using our website. Thank You.
Sign in to follow this  
gobadpvm

game error

everytime i try to log in it says, game error or update the client and ive done that about 10 times now

Hey! Is this happening on PC or Mobile? 

If PC, can you check if it says World 1, or World 447 in the bottom left corner of the client. If it says World 447, you will need to go to C:\Users\(PCName) and delete .luna, .runelite and .runelite-luna

it is happening on pc on mac. i do get the 447  world but i dont know where to find and delete the plug ins

Ah on Mac - I don't have a Mac myself but I've checked with our Admins, and Hello has suggested this:

1. Open Finder App (file explorer on mac)
2. At the top of your screen (taskbar) Select "Go" and choose the option "Go to Folder..."
3. The Luna cache is likely stored in "~/Library/Caches", so youll type that in and hit enter

can you let me know how you get on with this?

Is there anyway you could post a screenshot of error or you could also check to make sure your firewall or antivirus isn’t blocking the connection if it’s still having issues.  I read some stuff online. That certain Macintosh will only support certain Java. I’m not really sure how accurate that is but I would see if updating your Java is possible as well. I highly doubt that’s the issue, but as of right now I would basically make sure that there’s nothing like a firewall or an antivirus that’s blocking your connection to the game server.  Also, assuming you might have a mobile phone if it is an android you could download the client on that just to make sure that you can actually get through if you’re using your Wi-Fi if you’re using your home Wi-Fi or a different Wi-Fi and the mobile app still isn’t working it’s probably because there’s some kind of restriction within the Wi-Fi itself That for whatever reason it seems to be blocking the client just some ideas hopefully one of these actually helps you .

Edited by Rare